Ride tip: Epic Rides is stoked to provide comprehensive route resources via TrailForks.com. Gaining an appreciation for the trails that make up the Whiskey Off-Road course or understanding which way to go during a pre-ride has never been easier, thanks to Trailforks.com.
Following are details for each route offered through the Whiskey Off-Road backcountry mountain bike event.
Mobile Users: click buttons below to interact with mobile-friendly maps…
Whiskey Off-Road 15 Proof
Whiskey Off-Road 30 Proof
Whiskey Off-Road 50 Proof
Aid Stations & Rider Support Crews
Our wonderful volunteers will staff 4 Aid Stations throughout the weekend:
- Aspen Creek Aid Station (Friday Only)
- 4-Way @ Copper Basin Aid Station (Sat & Sun)
- Mike Janelle Memorial Aid Station (Sat & Sun)
- Spence Basin Aid Station (Sat & Sun)
- 15 Proof Fun Ride:
- Aspen Creek Aid Station (at 5.5 miles)
- 30 Proof backcountry course:
- 4-Way @ Copper Basin Aid Station (at 8 miles)
- Spence Basin Aid Station (at 22 miles)
- 50 Proof backcountry course:
- Mike Janelle Memorial Aid Station (at 18 miles)
- 4 Way @ Copper Basin Aid Station (at 24 miles)
- Spence Basin Aid Station (at 38 miles)
Participants may receive “hand-ups” from their support crews at the following locations:
- Aspen Creek Aid Station: access via Copper Basin Rd. Park beyond/past the Aid Station so that you’re not obstructing the participants. (FRIDAY ONLY)
- Please do not attempt to drive to the discontinued Copper Basin Aid Station used in previous years. You will obstruct the participants.
- 4-Way @ Copper Basin Aid Station located at the intersection of FR 373/Thumb Butte Rd and Copper Basin Rd (one mile from the top of the Sierra Prieta overlook). Parking will be limited as this is now an Aid Station location.
- Mike Janelle Memorial Aid Station: Access by taking Iron Springs Rd into Skull Valley and unto Copper Basin Rd. for approx. 4.5 miles. Do not attempt to access via Prescott side (you will impede the ride/race if you do so)
- White Rock Trailhead Parking Lot: Leave Prescott on Gurley Street toward Thumb Butte and continue on that road as it turns into Thumb Butte Rd. This parking area is about 1.5 miles beyond the Thumb Butte picnic area. The TH is a large gravel lot on the right side of the road. Parking is free.
Spence Basin Aid Station: Leave Prescott via Iron Springs Rd. at FS 332. Parking will be very limited at Spence Basin Aid Station. Please do not block right of way for emergency and support vehicle access.
Cutoff Times & DNFs
Friday: Fun Ride support ends at 6:00 pm. If the race director anticipates you may not make this time limit, you may be asked to reroute in the most direct manner to the finish.
Saturday: In order to ensure riders return to the finish before course support (Medical, Traffic, Police, Comm, Volunteers) ends at 4:00 pm, the following cutoff has been established:
- 12:30 PM at White Rock Trailhead Parking Lot (16 mile point for the 30 Proof, and 31 mile point for the 50 Proof)
Sunday: Racers are expected to finish by 1:30p. If the race director anticipates you may not make this time limit, you may be asked to reroute in the most direct manner to the finish.
Riders cut off by the race director will be considered a DNF (Did Not Finish), along with DNFs due to medical issues and mechanical failures. DNF riders may receive 50% Off on the following year’s Whiskey Off-Road registration as a start line redemption opportunity.
All DNF riders are expected to report to the Epic Rides tent to notify an Epic Rides crew member that they are no longer on the course.
Course Support – Hours of Operation
Friday (15 Proof Fun Ride): 2:00p – 6:00p | (El Yucateco Fat Tire Crit): 6:00p – 7:15p
Saturday (30 & 50 Proof Amateur Rides): 7:30a – 4:00 p
Sunday (Professional Backcountry Race): 8:30a – 1:30 p