Following are details for each route offered through the Tour of the White Mountains backcountry mountain bike event.
Mobile Users: click buttons below to interact with mobile-friendly maps…
50-Mile Singletrack Challenge
35-Mile Singletrack Challenge
30-Mile Gravel Grinder
9-Mile Singletrack Challenge
Aid Stations & Rider Support Crews
Our wonderful volunteers will staff 3 Aid Stations and 1 Water Point throughout the weekend:
- Los Burros Aid Station (50 & 35-miles)
- Land of the Pioneers Aid Station (50 miles only)
- Four Springs Aid Station (50 & 30-miles)
- Country Club Water Point (9-miles only)
Participants may receive “hand-ups” from their support crews at the following locations:
- Los Burros Aid Station
- Four Springs Aid Station
- 9-Mile Singletrack Fun Ride: Country Club Aid Station
- 30-Mile Gravel Grinder Fun Ride: Four Springs Aid Station
- 35-Mile Singletrack: Los Burros (twice)
- 50-Mile Singletrack:
- Los Burros (twice)
- Land of the Pioneers Aid Station
- Four Springs Aid Station
Aid Station Fare
Each Aid station on the course is equipped with Hammer Nutrition products (incl. Hammer gel, Heed, endurolites, and Hammer bars) plus cookies, pretzels, oranges, and yes, pickles.
If a rider prefers a different hydration mix, we encourage them to bring their own and mix with the water provided on the route.
Each aid station is roughly 10 miles apart. Please plan to start the event with a full hydration pack and plenty of food to get to Aid 1.
And remember, always thank the volunteers
Cut-Off Times & DNF
In order to ensure riders return to the finish before course support (Medical, Traffic, Police, Comm, Volunteers) ends at 3:00 pm, the following cutoffs have been established:
- 50-Mile Singletrack Challenge
- 50-Mile riders arriving after 11:00 am at the intersection of the Los Burros Trail and Vernon McNary Rd will be re-routed and considered a DNF.
- 50-Mile riders arriving after 12:45 pm at the Four Springs Aid Station will be re-routed and considered a DNF.
- 50-Mile riders arriving after 1:30 pm at the Los Burros Aid Station will be re-routed and considered a DNF.
- 35-Mile Singletrack Challenge
- 35-Mile riders arriving after 1:30 pm at the Los Burros Aid Station will be re-routed and considered a DNF.
- 30-Mile Gravel Grinder
- 30-Mile riders arriving after 12:45 pm at the Four Springs Aid Station will be considered a DNF.
Riders cut off by the race director will be considered a DNF (Did Not Finish), along with DNFs due to medical issues and mechanical failures. DNF riders may receive 50% Off on the following year’s Tour of the White Mountains registration as a start line redemption opportunity.
All DNF riders are expected to report to the Epic Rides tent to notify an Epic Rides crew member that they are no longer on the course.
Course Support - Hours of Operation
The 35- and 50-Mile Singletrack Challenges are finished at 3:00p on Saturday and all course support will be closed at that time.